Spectur bags security solutions contract from Australia Tower Network

Spectur Limited, a solar security, sensing and visual artificial intelligence (AI) solutions and platforms company, has announced the signing of an agreement with Australian telecommunications company Optus and Australia Tower Network (ATN).

The announcement marks the next step of Spectur Limited’s AUD 1.07 million contract won from Optus last month for providing security solutions to Optus.

Singapore Telecommunications Limited (Singtel), which is the parent company of Optus, had recently sold a 70% stake in Australia Tower Network to AusSuper, while retaining the remaining stake of 30%.

Australia Tower Network has 2,312 mobile network towers and rooftop sites in Australia. As part of the stake sale, Optus will continue to have access to the sites of Australia Tower Network via long-term licences.

According to Spectur Limited, its agreement with Australia Tower Network enables the latter to issue new orders to it. The SoW involves the provision of Spectur solar powered security hardware, field and monitoring services, and software subscriptions suitable for security applications on remote assets across Australia.

Spectur Limited added that inking the agreement is a key step as the stake sale means that Australia Tower Network is no longer a related body corporate of Optus. This means Australia Tower Network cannot use its existing agreement with the Australia-based.

Gerard Dyson — Spectur Limited Managing Director said: “Spectur is very pleased to provide ongoing and extended services to core Optus assets and also now to Australia Tower Network Pty Ltd. Our solutions substantially reduce risk for key items of critical infrastructure and we are pleased to extend our offering in this way. We look forward to expanding these services to other owners of critical infrastructure and utilities in the future.”

Related Posts

CATEGORIES
TAGS
Share This