Penglai 19-3/19-9 project brought into production by CNOOC and ConocoPhillips
China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) and its partner ConocoPhillips China have started production from the Penglai 19-3 oilfield area 4 adjustment/Penglai 19-9 oilfield phase II project (Penglai 19-3/19-9 project) offshore China.
The Penglai 19-3/19-9 oilfields in the Bohai Sea are located in an average water depth of nearly 28 meters.
CNOOC, which has constructed a new wellhead platform, plans to drill a total of 47 wells under the Penglai 19-3/19-9 project. The Chinese national oil ompany and its partner will drill 30 production wells, 16 water injection wells, and a development and appraisal well under the project.
The new wellhead platform will fully use the already available processing facilities of the Penglai 19-3 oilfield, said CNOOC, which expects the Penglai 19-3/19-9 project to attain peak production of about 15,681 barrels of crude oil per day in 2022.
CNOOC with a 51% stake is the operator of the Penglai 19-3/19-9 project, while ConocoPhillips China owns the remaining 49% stake.
In December 2019, CNOOC began production at its 100% owned Bozhong 34-9 Oilfield in the south of Bohai Sea.