Tata Power to install 100MW solar power plant in Nasik for Viraj Profile

TAGS

Tata Power said that its subsidiary Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited (TPREL) will install a 100MW captive solar power plant in Nasik for stainless steel manufacturer Viraj Profile Private Limited at its site in Maharashtra.

The captive solar power plant in Nasik will be developed by Tata Power at Nandgaon. It will supply power to Viraj Profile’s Tarapur steel plant.

To be commissioned by July 2023, the Nasik solar power plant will help Viraj Profile in reducing its dependability on non-renewable power resources by nearly 50%.

See also  Infosys opens rest house at National Cancer Institute in AIIMS, Jhajjar

J P Garg — Viraj Profiles President said: “We are glad to partner with Tata Power. Our alliance will work as a catalyst in achieving our sustainability goals toward carbon neutrality.

“Viraj is one of the first stainless steel long products manufacturing companies in India, which will use Solar Energy to run its manufacturing plants and operations. This Solar Power project will supply 50% of our monthly electricity requirement.”

Tata Power to install 100MW captive solar power plant in Nasik for Viraj Profile

Tata Power to install 100MW captive solar power plant in Nasik for Viraj Profile. Photo courtesy of Ameyajkamat/Wikimedia Commons.

A special purpose vehicle (SPV) called TP Nanded Limited has been set up by Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited to carry out the construction, operation and maintenance of the captive solar power plant in Nasik.

See also  Hero MotoCorp installs VIDA charging stations in Bengaluru, Delhi, and Jaipur

The solar power project is likely to produce nearly 200 MUs of energy while mitigating close to 170.43 million Kg of CO2 per year.

Tata Power will own 74% of the power generation while Viraj Profile will own the remaining share of 26%, as per captive generation rules.

Ashish Khanna — Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited CEO said: “We are pleased to announce the establishment of our new SPV to construct a 100 MW solar power facility for Viraj Profile Private Limited. We believe that this will also inspire other energy intensive sectors to join the movement for sustainable energy and shift their operations and services to clean energy sources.

See also  TotalEnergies to boost Iraq’s power supply with $10bn investment in Basra

“This project is another step in TPREL’s ongoing efforts to build green and renewable energy solutions throughout India.”

CATEGORIES
TAGS
Share This