MEDIROM to acquire Japanese hair salon operator ZACC Kabushiki Kaisha

MEDIROM Healthcare Technologies, a Japanese holistic healthcare company, has agreed to acquire ZACC Kabushiki Kaisha for JPY 370 million ($3.36 million).

ZACC Kabushiki Kaisha is a Japanese hair salon operator. It owns and operates three luxury hair salon brands — ZACC vie, ZACC raffine, and Zacc ginza.

The acquisition will be carried out in two stages. In the first stage, MEDIROM Healthcare Technologies will acquire a 60% stake in ZACC Kabushiki Kaisha by next month, and the remaining 40% in January 2021.

MEDIROM to acquire Japanese hair salon operator ZACC Kabushiki Kaisha

MEDIROM to acquire Japanese hair salon operator ZACC Kabushiki Kaisha. Photo courtesy of kaleido-dp from Pixabay.

Kouji Eguchi — MEDIROM Healthcare Technologies Founder and CEO said: “We continue to pursue the growth of our business by acquiring assets that expand our presence throughout Japan.

“We aim to combine mutual services such as high-end beauty services and relaxation services by leveraging the high brand power of ZACC and the Company and to support opening of new ZACC brand salons by sharing the Company’s expertise in franchising, employee independence programs, etc.”

As of 31 August 2021, MEDIROM Healthcare Technologies operated 315 relaxation salons across Japan. The company’s flagship brand — Re.Ra.Ku provides healthcare services.

CATEGORIES
TAGS
Share This

COMMENTS

Wordpress (0)
Disqus ( )