JLEN Environmental Assets Group takes full ownership of Bio Collectors Holdings in £8m deal

TAGS

JLEN Environmental Assets Group Limited, a leading environmental infrastructure fund, has announced its acquisition of the remaining 30% stake in Bio Collectors Holdings Limited (BCH) for a total consideration of £8 million. This strategic move brings JLEN’s ownership in BCH to 100%, signifying a major expansion in its renewable energy investments.

Background and Importance of the Acquisition

JLEN initially acquired a 70% interest in BCH in December 2019, with an agreed mechanism for acquiring the remaining 30% after an initial holding period. BCH’s key assets include an anaerobic digestion (AD) plant and the Bio Collectors waste collections business, which together produce biomethane for the national gas grid and operate under the Renewable Heat Incentive and Feed-in-Tariff schemes.

See also  Tata Power to launch 10GW renewable energy projects in Gujarat

Enhancing JLEN’s Renewable Energy Portfolio

This acquisition not only increases JLEN’s exposure to a profitable investment but also consolidates its control over BCH. This allows JLEN to create operational synergies across its portfolio of food waste AD plants and enhances its capacity to contribute to sustainable energy production and waste management.

JLEN Boosts Stake to 100% in Bio Collectors Holdings with £8 Million Investment

JLEN Boosts Stake to 100% in Bio Collectors Holdings with £8 Million Investment

Expected Benefits from DEFRA’s Recent Announcement

Both Bio Collectors and JLEN’s Codford food waste AD plant in Wiltshire are anticipated to benefit from the recent DEFRA announcement mandating separate food waste collections in England for businesses and households by 2025 and 2026, respectively. This policy change aligns with JLEN’s strategic focus on sustainable waste management and renewable energy production.

See also  Badger Hollow solar farm : Wisconsin's largest solar project now fully operational

JLEN’s Vision for Sustainable Energy

Ed Warner, Chair of JLEN, expressed satisfaction with the acquisition, highlighting the long-term value it adds to JLEN’s portfolio. He emphasized the strategic importance of food waste anaerobic digestion in decarbonizing energy and transport systems and its role in diverting waste from landfills.

With this acquisition, JLEN Environmental Assets Group Ltd strengthens its position in the renewable energy sector, underlining its commitment to sustainable and environmentally friendly energy solutions.

CATEGORIES
TAGS
Share This

COMMENTS

Wordpress (0)